The sentiment behind Valentine’s Day can still be sincere, take the time to declare your love for your sweetheart and reclaim Valentine’s Day from the retail giants.
Valentine’s Day isn’t just for young lovers, whether it’s breakfast in bed or a heartfelt poem or one of the inspiring projects coming your way in the next few weeks from MissWrightDesigns.
Heart Wreath Instructions
Inspired by this post, why not show your sweetheart that your heart is all wrapped up with this cute yarn wrapped wreath?
- Collect supplies: Cardboard and lots of thread or yarn
- Collect equipment: Scissors and template
- Download, print and cut out the Heart Wreath Template and trace the outline onto cardboard, or freestyle with your own unique heart shape.
- Cut out the cardboard heart shape
- Starting in the middle at the top of the heart, loop and tie your thread around the heart and carefully begin to wrap the thread, yard or cord around the template, each time passing through the hole in the middle
- On the corners slightly overlap the thread to change direction
- Finishing in the middle at the top loop and tie your thread around the heart again, leaving extra thread to make another loop for a hook. Carefully tie the loose end and snip off any excess.
Alternatively leave the heart without a hook, tie and trim the end and then glue to a blank card for a personal Valentine’s card.
For more Valentine’s Day sewing inspiration check out: